Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC (KO) is seeking an attorney with at least three years of experience with corporate transactions at a top national or international firm. This position can be based out of our Denver or Boulder office.
Finance Attorney Job Description
- Review, edit and draft contracts and related documents for secured and unsecured credit facilities, representing borrowers and lenders, including syndicated or bilateral credit facilities, mezzanine debt, warehouse facilities, and/or project finance.
- Experience with venture debt preferred but not required.
- Prepare and negotiate letters of credit, legal opinions and intercreditor arrangements.
- Advise on Article 9 of the UCC and attachment and perfection strategies for security interests in all collateral types.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Collaborate with clients and subject matter experts to ensure that corporate agreements are aligned with business objectives and satisfy compliance issues.
- JD from a top-tier law school.
- Licensed (or willingness to become licensed) to practice law in Colorado
- 3 – 6 years work experience in a top national or international firm.
- Experience in corporate law beyond finance or an eagerness to broaden your practice and demonstration of an ability to learn new areas of law and new skills quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; adept at communicating complex issues concisely and effectively with attorneys and clients.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with an outstanding work ethic; should be able to independently manage and successfully prioritize numerous projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can interact professionally with staff, attorneys and clients.
- Ability to identify legal issues and exercise sound judgment.
- Has strong sense of ownership over projects and proactively looks for ways to improve processes.
- Comfortable with taking direction from others on the legal team.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Able to handle a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with flexibility and sense of humor.
- Experience with contracts for corporate transactions.
- Conduct contract negotiations with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
Pay Range and Benefits
$130,000 – $180,000 salary based on experience and 1500 hour requirement.
KO currently offers employees generous health care benefits, bonus potential, opportunity to participate in a 401K plan, profit sharing plan, transportation or parking stipend, and technology stipend which could bring total compensation over $200,000.
About KO Law Firm | Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC
We’re an innovative corporate and commercial law firm with a team of experienced lawyers and a practical, efficient, business-focused approach.
We deliver top notch national corporate and business law experience without the typical high-pressure approach. Our attorneys are routinely recognized by the industry and many of the industries we work in, and have the same prestigious national experience you’ll see at other firms, but the similarities end there.
We have been recognized by the Denver Business Journal with a Best Places to Work award, and we have a great team culture.
The KO team is committed to improving our communities through participation in and support of organizations and causes that make them better. KO has been instrumental in building and supporting the Colorado business and entrepreneurial infrastructure, through ongoing work with Colorado’s incubators and accelerators, teaching at area universities and presenting at legal and business conferences. KO also supports local non-profit and charitable organizations through pro-bono legal services, board service and the firm’s annual charitable giving program.
KO is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. KO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
This posting is intended to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay Act.