2020 Year-In Review: Key Corporate and Commercial Insights from KO Partners
- KO Firm
- December 14, 2020
Amid 2020’s challenges, the KO team remained hard at work navigating the “new normal” while continuing to support clients through their diverse and rapidly-changing needs. Here’s a review of the key topics our team covered throughout 2020.
Corporate and Transactional
Across our corporate team, we’ve led companies through mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships and helped them secure financing to support their own growth. Emerging companies have relied on our team to keep deals flowing and business growing. Along the way, KO partners shared timely insights on the following topics:
- KO Partner John Gaddis also gave his take on What Every Entrepreneur Should Know About When to Use a Corporate Lawyer.
- KO Partner Jon Taylor shared his insights in this article: How the Pandemic Has Affected M&A Deals.
- KO Partner Jennifer Rosenthal shared her expertise on Closing M&A Deals in the “New Normal.”
- KO Partner Kevin Gibson on How Startups Can Pivot Their Approach With Early Stage Financing
Commercial and Technology
In KO’s commercial and technology practice, in addition to assistance with commercial contracts complexities, IP protection and more, we’ve helped clients navigate shifting regulatory environments related to data privacy and security. KO Law Firm was recognized as a winner of the inaugural Legal Innovation in Operations Project (LIO Project) award by the Corporate Legal Operations Consortium (CLOC), a global organization focused on redefining the business of law.
Key insights from the year:
- KO Partner Dan Fredrickson shared How Businesses Can Navigate Top Legal Issues During COVID-19, and we kept businesses up-to-date on extensive guidance on the PPP/CARES Act, SBA guidelines for PPP loan requirements.
- KO Partner Brad Schoenfeld outlined How Emerging Companies Can Negotiate Better Life Sciences Commercial Contracts and What Colorado Employers Need to Know about the New Vacation Policy
- KO Partner Ben Oelsner also shared how business can think about Reducing Friction in Negotiating SaaS Contracts to Close More Deals Faster
- KO Partner Matt McKinney gave his take on Overlooked Legal Considerations for Business Websites
- KO attorneys Chris Achatz and Erin Locker also shared details on What the California Privacy Rights Act Means for Your Business
- KO Partner Matt McKinney shared details on ADA Accessibility Requirements: How to Know if Your Website is in Compliance
Stay up-to-date with all KO Team announcements in our Newsroom.