Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC (KO) is seeking a privacy attorney with at least two years of experience at a top national or international firm, or sophisticated in-house department. This position can be based out of our Denver or Boulder office.
Privacy Attorney Job Description
- Advise and counsel clients on privacy and cybersecurity matters, such as compliance with applicable privacy and security laws, drafting privacy policies, implementation of internal policies and governance, internal investigations to assess corporate privacy compliance, data breach preparedness and response, and product design and development.
- Draft and negotiate data privacy aspects of commercial contracts for technology and other companies, including agreements for data processing, SaaS, and intellectual property licensing.
- Provide M&A support on data privacy and security issues.
- JD from a top-tier law school.
- Licensed (or willingness to become licensed) to practice law in Colorado
- 2 – 7 years work experience in a top national or international firm, or sophisticated in-house department.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience advising clients regarding privacy and data protection laws (GDPR, UK GDPR, CCPA, state data security laws, marketing and advertising rules, etc.)
- Experience leading implementation of privacy programs and policies.
- Experience drafting and revising privacy aspects of commercial contracts for technology transactions.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; adept at communicating complex issues concisely and effectively with attorneys and clients.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with an outstanding work ethic; should be able to independently manage and successfully prioritize numerous projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can interact professionally with staff, attorneys, and clients.
- Ability to identify legal issues and exercise sound judgment.
- Has strong sense of ownership over projects and proactively looks for ways to improve processes.
- Comfortable with taking direction from others on the legal team.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Able to handle a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with flexibility and sense of humor.
- Experience working with technology companies (including ad tech) and companies involved in the field of life sciences.
- Experience supporting M&A and other corporate transactions as a privacy specialist.
- Ability to manage and oversee day-to-day client interactions.
- Possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
Pay Range and Benefits
$140,000 – $185,000 salary based on experience. Performance and hour bonus eligibility at 1,300 hours and significant business development bonus opportunities for client generation.
KO currently offers employees generous health care benefits, opportunity to participate in a 401K plan with firm match, and profit sharing plan which can result in approximately $30,000 of firm contributions to benefits and retirement. KO also offers a transportation or parking stipend and technology stipend.
About KO Law Firm | Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC
We’re an innovative corporate and commercial law firm with a team of experienced lawyers and a practical, efficient, business-focused approach.
We deliver top notch national corporate and business law experience without the typical high-pressure approach. Our attorneys are routinely recognized by the industry and many of the industries we work in, and have the same prestigious national experience you’ll see at other firms, but the similarities end there.
We have been recognized by the Denver Business Journal with a Best Places to Work award, and we have a great team culture.
The KO team is committed to improving our communities through participation in and support of organizations and causes that make them better. KO has been instrumental in building and supporting the Colorado business and entrepreneurial infrastructure, through ongoing work with Colorado’s incubators and accelerators, teaching at area universities and presenting at legal and business conferences. KO also supports local non-profit and charitable organizations through pro-bono legal services, board service and the firm’s annual charitable giving program.
KO is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. KO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This posting is intended to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay Act.