Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC (KO) is seeking a contracts manager with at least four years of experience with life sciences contracts at a top national or international firm, or sophisticated in-house department. This position can be based out of our law firm’s Denver or Boulder office.
Life Sciences Contracts Manager Job Description
- Review, edit and draft contracts, analyze risk and assist in the execution of a wide variety of contracts for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies, including agreements for clinical trials, consulting and professional services, manufacturing and supply, research and development, confidentiality, intellectual property licensing, quality, sales and distribution.
- Participate in contract negotiations.
- Collaborate with clients and subject matter experts to ensure that agreements are aligned with business objectives and satisfy compliance issues.
- Prepare correspondence, memorandum and contract documentation in support of contract execution.
- Develop or facilitate development of contract templates and other tools to be used by contracts managers, paralegals and attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a law firm and/or an in-house legal department drafting, negotiating and managing life sciences contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; adept at communicating complex issues concisely and effectively with attorneys and clients.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with an outstanding work ethic; should be able to independently manage and successfully prioritize numerous projects under deadline pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills; can interact professionally with staff, attorneys and clients.
- Ability to identify legal issues and exercise sound judgment in determining when to escalate them to the appropriate attorney.
- Has strong sense of ownership over projects and proactively looks for ways to improve processes.
- Comfortable with taking direction from others on the legal team.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and willing to learn and become a resource for new software applications (e.g., contract management system).
- Able to handle a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with flexibility and sense of humor.
- Open to working on a broad variety of legal and administrative projects.
- Experience with contracts in the field of life sciences.
- Experience with contracts for technology transactions, including SaaS agreements, software licenses and other commercial agreements.
- Conduct negotiations with minimal supervision.
- Possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Familiarity with contract management applications.
$80,000 – $115,000 salary based on experience.
KO currently offers employees health care benefits, opportunity to participate in a 401K plan, a profit sharing plan, transportation or parking stipend, and technology stipend.
About KO Law Firm | Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis PC
We’re an innovative corporate and commercial law firm with a team of experienced lawyers and a practical, efficient, business-focused approach.
We deliver top notch national corporate and business law experience without the typical high-pressure approach. Our attorneys are routinely recognized by the industry and many of the industries we work in, and have the same prestigious national experience you’ll see at other firms, but the similarities end there.
We have been recognized by the Denver Business Journal with a Best Places to Work award, and we have a great team culture.
The KO team is committed to improving our communities through participation in and support of organizations and causes that make them better. KO has been instrumental in building and supporting the Colorado business and entrepreneurial infrastructure, through ongoing work with Colorado’s incubators and accelerators, teaching at area universities and presenting at legal and business conferences. KO also supports local non-profit and charitable organizations through pro-bono legal services, board service and the firm’s annual charitable giving program.
KO is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. KO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This posting is intended to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay Act.