Koenig, Oelsner, Taylor, Schoenfeld & Gaddis (KO Law Firm) is a corporate and business law boutique with offices in both Denver and Boulder, Colorado. We are seeking a full-time HR Generalist to join our growing team.
HR Generalist Job Description
The Human Resource Generalist will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing employees, administering benefits and leave, and creating and enforcing company policies and practices.
- Full-Time Position with expected hours of 40 hours per week, however additional hours may be required during certain times of year
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Paid parking as well as a monthly cell phone and data stipend
- Located in our Denver or Boulder office but remote work once ramped up possible
- This position reports to HR Manager but works closely with our Operations team
Experience & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Self starter; desire to build and professionalize the HR function at a 40 person firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to work with multiple co-workers
- Organized; can prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledgeable about Colorado employment law; willing and able to learn about other states’ employment laws
Recruiting & Hiring
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with management to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
Employee retention, review process & discipline
- Advise on employee retention strategies
- Manage and improve review process, including conducting review and collecting and analyzing feedback
- Lead investigations into and resolution into behavior issues and conflicts
- Lead conversations about and documentation of performance issues
- Coordinating new hire enrollment as well as terminations with our PEO
- Processing and administering leave requests, and communicating periods of leave to necessary parties
- Responding to benefits inquiries from partners and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, and other general inquiries
- Responding to 401(k) inquiries from partners and employees relating to enrollments, plan changes, and contribution amounts
- Assisting employees regarding plan changes
- Provides support and guidance to management, when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Lead training program for HR matters
- Maintain employee files
- Offboarding of employees, including conducting exit interviews and terminating benefits
- Manage overtime requests
- Maintain policies and handbooks in accordance with applicable law and best practice
- Lead all employment related compliance efforts; stay up to date on regulatory requirements
- Salary/benefits analysis
- Employee relations and training, including supporting event planning
- Manage PTO, vacation, and sabbatical calendars
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manage recruiters
- A primary point of contact with PEO about HR matters
Pay Range and Benefits
$50,000 – 65,000 base salary based on experience, with a 10% bonus target.
KO currently offers employees generous health care benefits, opportunity to participate in a 401K plan with firm match, and profit sharing plan. KO also offers a transportation or parking stipend and technology stipend.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
This posting is intended to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay Act.